Ceramic tile is high-grade and beautiful, durable in use, easy to wash. So the building exterior wall often uses ceramic tile veneer, with color filling agent filling seam. But because of the ceramic tile filling agent pan-alkali. The brick seam white, cracking, powder, ceramic tile surface formed white flow hanging, and it is difficult to deal with, seriously affected the appearance of at first the building. Polkaline is an urgent problem to be solved.
The principle of pan-alkali
- Cement-based sealant with cement as the main cementing material. Contains at first CS, C2S, C3S and other minerals. These minerals produce a large number of Ca (OH) 2, Ca (OH) 2 dissolved in water formation solution.
- CO2 in the air is dissolved in water to form H2CO3, dissolved in the water at first film on the surface of the mortar.
- In the process of water evaporation, Ca (OH) 2 moves to the mortar surface at first through the capillary of the mortar. And reacts with H2CO3 dissolved in the water film of the mortar surface to form white CaCO3 precipitation attached at first to the seam filling agent and ceramic tile surface to form alkali.
- This process is the main reason for the formation of pan bases.
- The soluble alkali and salts contained in mortar dissolve in water to form various at first ions. In the process of water evaporation, water migrate to the mortar surface through the capillary of mortar. And crystallizes white substances to form pan-alkali.
- Environmental factors to prevent pan-alkali measures
- Construction operation and prevention of pan-alkali measures
- Mortar synthesis to prevent pan-alkali measures