What is the difference between the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) band without S?
- 1 H P M C is divid into thermodissolution and rapid dispersion dispersion is suffix with the letter S. And glyoxal is add in the production process. HPMC hot-soluble type does not add any letters, such as “100000” is “100000 viscosity rapid dispersion type “.
- 2. Belt without S, with different characteristics Fast disperse is rapidly disperse in cold water and disappears in the water. At this time, the liquid has no viscosity, because HPMC is only disperse in the water without real dissolution. After about two minutes, the viscosity of the liquid gradually becomes larger, forming a transparent sticky colloid. Hot-soluble can disperse rapidly in about 70℃ of hot water. When the temperature drops to a certain temperature, the viscosity slowly appears until a transparent sticky colloid is forme.
- 3. Belt without S, with different uses Hot-soluble can only be use in putty powder and mortar. In liquid glue and paint and detergent, there will a group phenomenon, can not be used. Fast disperse , a wide range of applications, in putty powder, mortar, liquid glue, paint, detergent can be use, there is no taboo.
What factors affect the water retention of hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose?
- 1.HPMC uniformity For the uniform reaction of HPMC, the methoxy and hydroxypropoxy groups were evenly distribute with high water retention rate.
- 2. Cellulose ether HPMC thermal gel temperature Hot gel temperature is high and high water retention rate; otherwise, water retention rate is low.
- 3. Cellulose Ether HPMC viscosity When the viscosity of HPMC rises, the water retention rate also increases; when the viscosity reaches a certain degree, the increase of the water retention rate becomes flat.